Saturday, September 10, 2011

Frustrated

I consider myself a good person. I think I'm understanding, have an over generous amount of patience and am generally a swell gal. (That's right, I DID just revert back to the 1950's and call myself a swell gal.) 


But THIS IS RIDICULOUS.


How long am I suppose to wait? It's been two months and I'm at a standstill at my job. The bureaucracy you have to deal with is amazing. How is an organization suppose to effect change when there's all this red tape you have to go through? This is the kind of stuff that makes me NOT want to go into non-profits in the future. 


It's a shame. There's SO many people who do need help out there. I guess after working years and years in this "industry," however, people start to lose sight of the good works they're suppose to be providing for their fellow man. I can understand HOW it happens but not how it can CONTINUE to happen. You have to get SOME kind of reminder. 


So very very frustrating. I hope things change.  


And I hope that this frustration doesn't kill my desire to continue on this path in the future.


For now, I'm giving myself until October. If things are still at a standstill after that, it's time to start getting serious about my other options.  

No comments:

Post a Comment